Overture Music Visualization
A downloadable game for Windows
Realtime Music Visualization
Overture Music Visualization is a solo-dev project created in Unreal Engine and released for the Windows platform. It captures audio in realtime from any source, including Youtube, Spotify, Pandora, VLC and others, and features 50+ customization options across several categories. The goal of the Overture project is to create a versatile, general purpose music visualization utility with robust configuration options to make it suitable for personal use, video creation, or streaming.
Early Access Status
Overture Project is currently stable for Windows desktops and features both fullscreen and windowed 1920x1080 view modes. However, the project should be considered early access as new features and scenes are already planned and a new VR mode is currently under development and will be released as a free update soon.
The project supports both 3D and "minimal" scenes (as denoted in the scene selection menu) in an attempt to provide a wider range of support. The 3D scenes are more resource intensive, and have been tested and run above 90 FPS on a machine with the following specs:
- 8GB DDR4 SDRAM 3200
- GeForce GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card
- Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Processor
Minimal scenes are performant on machines with much lower capabilities.
- For best results, check your default audio device's bitrate settings and select the matching bitrate option in the game's settings
- Overture Music Visualization is not compatible with headphones that simulate surround sound. It is compatible with stereo headphones and surround sound speakers.
- Use space bar to open the effects customization panel in any scene
- If the bars or other lighting effects are not visible, check your operating system's volume and try turning it up or maximizing it. The OS volume controls can also be used as a secondary method of fine-tuning effect sensitivity.
The Retrograde YouTube channel chronicles the development of Overture through a series of Retrowave/Synthwave music tracks and videos recorded using various alpha versions of the project. You can view the playlist here (oldest videos first) or subscribe here. This channel is regularly updated with new videos and may feature outdated, experimental, or as-yet-unreleased features.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: